We provide a comprehensive range of analysis, testing, quality assessment and consultancy support for container glass (packaging) products - including glass bottles, jars, flaconnage, vials and other moulded container glasses.
Please see the links provided below for further information about our individual physical and mechanical performance tests, quality assessment services and for further related services, such as composition, colour and failure analysis.
- Mechanical and Physical Testing Services;
- Quality, Due Diligence and Standards Assessment Services;
- Analytical Services;
- Introduction to TEC-7 and TEC-9 Industry Standards;
- Pharmaceutical Container Services;
- TEC-7 Quality Assessment Suite for Carbonated Glass Beverage Bottles;
- TEC-9 Quality Assessment Suite for Non-Carbonated Glass Beverage Bottles;
- Composition Analysis;
- Glass Failure Analysis;
- Colour Analysis.
For further information, to receive a quote, or for help with testing requirements, please make an enquiry using the drop-down form above or contact us.
Quality assessment suite of testing for glass bottles, jars and container glass (packaging) to determine all aspects of quality, performance and fitness-for-purpose of bottles for carbonated (TEC 7) and non-carbonated (TEC 9) glass packaging - to container-specific industry standards. These suites include key performance criteria such as vertical load, annealing, impact, glass thickness and weight, dimensions, ovality, verticality, push-up measurement, slip-angle, hot-end and finish coatings, capacity and headspace/vacuity.
Please Note: The quality assessment suites below incorporate a number of both UKAS ISO 17025:2005 accredited and non-accredited test methods. These are clearly indicated on all test reports, but please contact us for further details.
TEC 7 - Strength and Performance Standards for the Use of Carbonated Beverage Bottles
This suite of testing requires a minimum of 82 bottles for comprehensive verification of carbonated glass bottles to the standards laid down in the industry standard, ' TEC-7 Strength and Performance Standards for the Use of Carbonated Beverage Bottles.' The tests included in this suite include:
- Diameter, heel and shoulder;
- Ovality mid body;
- Thickness, including two profiles to show glass distribution. Areas measured for thickness include shoulder, body, heel, bearing surface, centre base;
Physical Aspects and Mechanical Strength:
- Internal pressure including location of origin;
- Vertical load including location of origin;
- Thermal Shock;
- Impact heel;
- Impact shoulder;
- Hot end coating heel and shoulder;
- Finish coating;
- Slip angle - or - industry standard rub-test.
TEC 9 - General Guidelines for the Use of Glass Containers
This suite of testing requires a minimum of 62 bottles for comprehensive verification of glass bottles to the standards laid down in the industry standard, ' TEC 9 - General Guidelines for the Use of Glass Containers'.
The TEC 9 suite includes the same dimensional and physical assessments as TEC 7 with the exception of internal pressure resistance.
For further information, to receive a quote, or for help with testing requirements, please make an enquiry or contact us.