Testing of glass beads for road marking materials, including drop-on and pre-mix glass beads, to the whole range of properties specificed under British Standards BS EN 1423 and BS EN 1424. Testing includes quality requirements, resistance and granulometry testing.
This suite of testing includes:
- Resistance tests;
- Determination of presence of moisture proof coating;
- Determination of presence of dangerous substances;
- Granulometry/sieve analysis;
- Refractive index;
- pH test;
- Defective bead count.
- BS EN 1423:2012, 'Road marking materials. Drop on materials. Glass beads, antiskid aggregates and mixtures of the two';
- BS EN 1424:1998, 'Road marking materials. Premix glass beads'.
Sustainable glass development – the methods, challenges and solutions, with principal technologist Martyn Marshall
We know that glass is infinitely recyclable, but is this the...
Latest Case Studies
Glass Technology Services was contacted by a leading cookwar...