Using our characterisation tools and glass materials expertise, we can determine a wide range of properties relevant to your materials – ensuring your product specifications are met and your materials are fit for purpose.
Our tests include
- x-ray fluorescence spectroscopy, electron dispersive x-ray spectroscopy and ICP-optical emission spectroscopy to characterise the composition of your materials
- scanning electron microscopy to characterise material microstructure
- UV-Vis and FT-IR spectroscopy to investigate the optical absorption of your materials, and to provide insight into the oxidation state, structure and bonding in glass materials
- dilatometry to characterise the thermal expansion and glass transition (where applicable) in your materials
- specialist optical techniques for characterising properties including the refractive index and the thermal coefficient of the refractive index
We also work with partner organisations if tests outside of our offer are required.
Materials characterisation leadership and expertise
As an ISO-accredited test house, we can offer many of these measurements as an accredited service.
We conduct research and development within glass materials, optics, photonics, biomaterials and energy applications, and we use this expertise to provide insights into our work.